“Millennial attorneys may not want your office.”
In this illuminating article from The American Lawyer, MP McQueen talks about the next generation of attorneys which now represent 20% of all lawyers. Let’s break down how this group will affect change in the legal industry:
- They are a huge group (75.3 million strong) who will overtake the baby boomer generation this year.
- They are diverse with 57% representing non-Hispanic whites (vs. boomers who are 72% white).
- They are the most educated generation with a number of attorneys holding both MBAs and law degrees.
- They are entrepreneurial making them more likely to start their own practice or collective early on in their careers.
- They are more collaborative and prefer to work together in open spaces and on their laptops, tablets and smart phones.
- They may not want the corner office, preferring work-life balance more than any other generation.
Read on to hear more. The changing of the guard is here.